[HCDX] SWB: 10359 kHz = XERMX???

ARC ? SWB América Latina
bjornmalm2003@xxxxxxxxx
Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador
K-index, A-index y SolarFlux en este preciso momento:
http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/propagation.html

Quito 30/Nov/2003 22:39

Hello Glenn Hauser!

10359 kHz XERMX(??) México 30th of november 2003 -
0300 UTC.

After reading your last DXLD and your own
logging/comments I this evening checked the frequency.
On 10359 kHz I found a quite strong and very distorted
signal, impoosible to listen to in SSB. Before 0300
UTC classical piano music. 0300 UTC ID "Radio......."
but I had not switched my recorder on. . One minute
later a program called "Jazz en R.M.X(??)" followed by
modern jazz music. Also ID by OM: "R.M.X.(???)". First
I noted "R.N.I" but after listening to my recording it
can be "R.M.X" but I´m not 100% sure. Off air without
talk/ID at 0309 UTC. Has anyone a 00% ID on this
spur??

You can listen to my short recording at SWB and give
your opinion:
 http://homepage.sverige.net/~a-0901/

73s Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador   SWB América Latina.

** COLOMBIA. At first I thought it was the XERMX
blobmitter, which I have been checking for eriodically
in the 10 MHz range; but to avoid giving XERMX a bum
wrap, I forced myself to keep listening, for some
definite sign it`s XERMX: this time, 2240 UT Nov 27,
covering 10310-10320 and peaking about 10315, but
extremely distorted FM and slope tuning necessary
around 10317 where I could occasionally make out a
few words. From the screaming intonation, not what I
would expect from XERMX, but more like a preacher.
This went on until 2300 when I was able to recognize a
few notes of the Colombian national anthem, then
into a commercial sounding DJ show. Never caught an
ID, but I wonder if this be La Voz del Llano, which
Björn Malm has been reporting as in 3-211 on 10282v
and before that on 10262v, which could be the 10th
harmonic of an extremely maladjusted MW transmitter,
nominal 1020? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

NRD 535 ? HF 150. MFJ 616 ? MFJ 1025.
Ant. 1: "Horizontal Sloped Inverted L" 18 meters
Ant. 2: "Horizontal Sloped Inverted L" 36 meters
+ Magnetic Longwire Balun

(you can use my information giving credit to:
 Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador  SWB América Latina)

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.