[HCDX] Re: [NRC-AM] UNID during WGN SP, sign-on at 4:55 ET???

[HCDX] Re: [NRC-AM] UNID during WGN SP, sign-on at 4:55 ET???

In a message dated 12/1/03 3:50:25 PM Central Standard Time, eloy@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Not much heard here during WGN SP, other than two unid SS, one 20-second
snip of an English national ad.

 However, I was treated to a loud unknown anthem at 4:54 AM ET, followed by
an announcement to music, that was unintelligible in a deep fade. Any ideas who
that might've been that early?

 Thanks,
 Eric Loy >>

I'm pretty sure that was Radio Oriente, Polamar, Venezuela.

Here's my clip of the ID then into the Venezuela national anthem. The
announcer says " ... Radio Orente', Polamar"  with the last R silent.

I made in Real Audio to save on space. The original cassette and .wav files
are slightly better.

http://members.aol.com/j999w/DX/720khz_unknown_0955z_30nov3.rm

I can listen to the clip with my ancient Real Player 7, so anyone should be
able to hear it (without the latest and greatest Real Player).

More clips to follow.

John Wilke
WB9UAI
Milwaukee

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.