[HCDX] Jammer 5015 - not?

Last couple of UT evenings there's been a jammer-like signal
on about 5012-5016 kHz region. It also interferes Turkmenistan
5015. It is oscillating in a slower speed than those Iranian etc
jammers. I remember once (was it about two years ago) the
Madagascar 5010 transmitter was defective and it's carrier was
oscillating the same way but not as wide spectrum as this one now.
On 1 Dec I paid more attention to this. Until 1900 it was hetting
against Turkmenistan 5015 and no audio was possible. But at
1900 Turkmenistan has a break and switches transmitter off.
I switched to AM with wide filter and it was possible to get some
audio from the wildly oscillating carrier. Anthem-like music until
about 1903 and then off the air. So I presume this is Madagascar
transmitter, off-frequency with terribly oscillating carrier.
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.