[HCDX] DX Log (for WDXR) I nabbed a new Alaskan!

[HCDX] DX Log (for WDXR) I nabbed a new Alaskan!

Another good morning for the North! I was pleased as I nabbed
KSLD-1140-Soldotna. KNOM also was in again, but stronger this morning.

610     CKYL     AB, Peace River, unbelievely strong this morning
"Owning the frequency" with a cluster of Christmas spots and taking
calls from listeners "YL Country" Spot for Peace Health Region at 1042
EST 12/2. (PM-OR)

780     KNOM     AK, Nome, once again in again, but a good S9+ with C&W
Music and "It's 6:30 at KNOM" Followed by AP News at 1030 EST 12/2.
(PM-OR)

890    KBBI     AK, Homer, good with NPR News noted in passing at 1031
EST 12/2. (PM-OR)

1140    KSLD     AK, Soldonta, fair to good with Classic Rock music
"Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh" and "Wasted World by Allman Brothers
Band", into Question of the day on "KSLD", gave 1-800 number, woman DJ
from 1032 EST 12/2.  Way way over anything else on the channel. New! I
am pleased with this. I still need 8 Alaskans to have them all.  (PM-OR)

Drake R8
400' NNW mini-beverage
EWE antenna
MFJ 1026 phasing unit.

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.