[HCDX] Log - Greece
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[HCDX] Log - Greece
- To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [HCDX] Log - Greece
- From: aurel chiochiu <acq@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:29:59 -0500
- Cc: wghauser@xxxxxxxxxxx, Olivier.Tequi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, broadw@xxxxxxxxx, "Beu, Michael" <Michael.Beu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Saul Chernos <schernos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, MarkWA1ION@xxxxxxx, mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx, amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxx, niel@xxxxxxxx, bdm@xxxxxxxxxx, Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Hard-Core-DX Email List <hard-core-dx.hard-core-dx.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dallas.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dallas.hard-core-dx.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Sender: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7450 GREECE, Foni Tis Helladas, Athens DEC 21 2143 - Selections of folkloric Greek tunes until 2158 when I hear an ID and several frequencies were gived in Greek (the Greek number world pronounced phonetically "kàtóncé" was pronounced each or almost each time a frequency was gived, I know it is a fraction of the frequency number but I don't know the value - what means "kàtóncé" in English ?), then familiar classic piano interlude followed by apparent news to 2203, then Greek versions of "My Christmas Tree" and "Jingle Bells" classics by a Kids chorale, followed by Western pops. Fair; minor utility QRM - SIO 342 (overall just 2, because of the high receiver noise floor and lack of sensitivity below around 9 MHz in addition to the problem with SSB - at the top end of the 31 meters band - around 10 MHZ and especially on the 25 meters one however it is excellent !). (Chiochiu-QC)
Also heard Africa Numéro Un very, very strongly this afternoon. However, they have transmitter problems. Each 17 or 18 minutes the transmitter cuts off and I hear nothing, but noises for about 4 minutes, then it sign off with the program again. It happened this spring too a few times, but this afternoon it was very severe. Also, on the adjacent of this Gabon broadcaster there is Medi Un on 9575 wich was at the poor-fair mark at best.
More to follow as I hear more interesting stations these days of holiday...
Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), QC, Canada
Realistic DX150A communications solid state rx with long-wire antenna of 30 meters of lenght in our front yard
World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
published by Michael Stutz at http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt