Fra: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Pa vegne av Jay Heyl
Sendt: 14. januar 2004 00:59
Til: Hard-core DX
Emne: [HCDX] MW DX Equip Advice

I've lately found myself becoming more interested in MW BCB DXing. I have
several radios that do okay for casual use, but I'm looking for something a
bit
more serious. On the low end there is frequent mention of the GE Superadio
(which I have) and the CCRadio (which I also have), and I've seen a few
mentions of the newer Tecsun BCL-2000 as a fairly serious contender in this
price range. All of these radios are typically described as pretty decent
for
casual use, but not really sensitive enough for true DXing.  On the other
end
of the spectrum I've seen the Drake R8B described as being one of the better
choices for BCB DXing (in addition to just about any other kind of AM
DXing).
Does anyone know of a currently produced radio that would perform better
than
the low end models but cost a bit less than the R8B?

I've seen the Lowe HF-150 mentioned as an excellent BCB DX machine, but it's
out of production and I haven't seen any used ones advertised recently.
(Though
I may not be looking in the right places.)

I'm aware that the radio is just part of the overall equation. For the
moment,
though, that's the part I'd like to address.  Any input on this topic will
be
greatly appreciated.

  -- Jay

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97
through us.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.