[HCDX] Re: Special Swedish MW Event on 15 January

[HCDX] Re: Special Swedish MW Event on 15 January

Andree.Bollin, Germany, wrote:
has anybody heard this station on the 15th??
Here was no sign of it.

It was heard by a few locals in and around Gothenburg.
One of those, a friend of mine, described the signal like this:
"I have had better signals from stations with electrical power problems in the Bolivian jungle that I got from this transmission in my own home town."
According to Swedish information the organizers had problems with the transmitter, which was a modified Icom 706.
The problems were related to a couple of 813 valves which didn't function in some amplifier. With a working amplifier they had hoped to get 250 watts of radiated power, with a lone Icom 706 they didn't get close to that.

Hermod Pedersen, HCDX Web Editor
<http://www.hard-core-dx.com/>

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.