[HCDX] 981 flop, Jan 15 2004

Re 981 on Jan 15. No not a single trace of a different tx than the usual ones could be heard here.
This well advertised attempt was a total flop, here at a distance of about 50 miles from the tx. I live
in the countryside outside Trollhättan, have a fairly good K9AY, and the day before Desi Radio ("...from
the south of Southall , this is Desi Radio...") was coming in with S6 at 18 UTC on 1602. Desi Radio is listed with
70 watts.

I allowed myself to joke about it in Swedish to a friend who tried 981 inside Trollhättan, and of course he had
failed too. I wrote something like this : ---I can't but believe that the guy doesn't know anything about AM low
power broadcasting. Probably the transmission took place from some underground bunker with the output antenna
wire down the sewage pipe. Can't tell, perhaps  the transmission was heard in some  bunker next door...

Now I read that it was a technical failure. Why no tests before the real attempt ? All I can say, good luck if you
try again, however I will not waste my time. 73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.