From: Skolaut, Chuck K0BOG
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 11:41 AM
To: Larry Van Horn
Subject: RE: 40 Meter Broadcast QRM

Hello Larry,
Good to hear from you again.  Hope all is well.  I will try to address
your questions as follows.
73, Chuck KØBOG ARRL

LVH>I have receivied reports that KNLS in Anchor Point, AK is
broadcasting on 7200 kHz now in addition to their advertised 7160 on
their website.
LVH>(http://www.knls.org/English/ksched.htm). I am curious how a Region
2 broadcaster is authorized to legallytransmit in the 40-meter band?

CS>I received this message from the FCC on 1/13/04 concerning KNLS:

FCC>"The request by KNLS on 7160 kHz was authorized inadvertently
considering that 7100-7300 kHz is allocated to Amateurs in Region 2.
I have talked to KNLS and they should be
FCC>vacating the frequency today 13 January, 2004 to resolve any
unintended interference."

CS>Please let me know if you continue to receive reports about
7200.-Chuck

Again if you hear KNLS on 7160, 7200 or any other 7000-7300 kHz
frequency, please post to HCDX or drop me a line here at Grove.
73 de Larry

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.