[HCDX] Logs and QSLs from NH, week ending Feb.15

Greetings to all,

Busy week at work with February vacation and all,
Mount Washington Valley is awash in tourists. Not a
lot of time at the reciever but the best week for QSLs
in quite some time.

2310, AUSTALIA, ABC Alice Springs, 1104-1138, Feb.12,
English, Surprisingly decent copy of talks between
easy listening music, OM w/ news at 1130 re Australian
PM and taxpayers, British airways flight cancelled due
to terrorism concerns and GW Bush speech. Solid "ABC
News" ID at 1135 then back to music. // 2325 audible
but very poor. (Barbour-NH)

4000, CHINA, NEI Menggu PBS, 1038-1102, Feb.12,
Mandarin, OM and YL w/ alternating talks between brief
musical bits, presumed IDs at 1039, 1046 w/ musical
bits and very formal sounding ID at 1100. Surprisingly
decent reception. (Barbour-NH)

5010, MADAGASCAR, RTV Malagasy, 0319-0333, Feb.10,
French?, OM and YL w/ French sounding talks and brief
musical bits, quick "Radio Nacionale Malagasy" ID at
0330. Fair w/ occasional static bursts. (Barbour-NH)

6972.36, ISRAEL, Galei Zahal, 0245-0314, Feb.10,
Hebrew, 2 OM w/ music and talks with 2 mentions of web
address I could not fully copy, trumpet fanfare w/ OM
and YL repeating frequencies for MW and FM, OM w/
passing mention of "Galei Zahal" at 0300 into news
bulletin followed by pop music prg. Fair at best w/
deep fades. (Barbour-NH)

7270, INDIA, AIR Chennai, 1143-1215*, Feb.12, Tamil,
Music and talks w/ several mentions of India and
America, ID during s/off announcement. Always a decent
catch here at this time. (Barbour-NH)

9415, CHINA (REPUBLIC), Radio Taiwan Int'l,
1413-1430*, Feb.14, Korean, YL w/ talks between
ballads, ID and web address during 1428 s/off
announcement, ballad until 1430. Fair. (Barbour-NH)

QSLs:

AUSTRALIA: HCJB,Kununurra, 11750, f/d "Welcome to our
property" QSL sheet picturing entrance to HCJB grounds
in 23 days for 1 IRC. (Barbour-NH)

ETHIOPIA: R.Fana, 6210, f/d green card w/ station seal
and schedule received via registered mail in 35 days
for $2 and an EG rpt. V/S Woldu Yemessel, General
Manager. Nice stamps on envelope and several "Fana
Radio, Archives and Record Service" ink stamps on
reverse. Very pleased with this QSL. (Barbour-NH)

GREECE: R.S.Makedonias, 7430, f/d "Smiling Castle"
logo folder, sticker and "Thessaloniki" postcard in
333 days for an EG rpt. V/S Tatiana Tsioli.
(Barbour-NH)

NORTHERN MARIANAS ISLAND: KFBS-Saipan, 11580, f/d
"Rainbow over transmitter site" card, schedule/info
sheet and personal letter in 24 days for m/s (used).
V/S Irene Gabbie, QSL Secretary. (Barbour-NH)

RUSSIA: R.Studio, St.Petersburg, 6245, f/d "St.
Petersburg, The Hermitage, The Winter Palace" cd w/
station seal and RS pocket calendar in 40 days for 2
IRCs and an EG rpt. V/S Paul Vinel, Engineer of
technical service. (Barbour-NH)

UZBEKISTAN: R.Tashkent, 6025, date-only confirmation
letter and schedule in 26 days for $2 from
"Correspondence Section". Letter also thanked me for
completing their listener survey which I sent along
with my report. I like the "Uzbekistan" paper strip
pasted over "USSR" on the Radio Tashkent letterhead.
(Barbour-NH)

Scott R Barbour Jr-Intervale,NH-USA
R75, MLB-1, RS longwire w/ RBA balun.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.