[HCDX] Voice of the Himalayas

I was looking through the 1962 edition of WRTH and was interested to see a
half-page
advertisement for a station called Voice of the Himalayas, projected to
start broadcasting in 1963/1964 in 10 Asian and European languages. I've
never heard of this station, does anyone know if it ever really existed, or
was it just pie in the sky?

You can see the advert at www.intervalsignalsonline.com/countries/hbs.htm

Dave Kernick

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.