[HCDX] WCTN is now 24/7 Korean Christian format

[HCDX] WCTN is now 24/7 Korean Christian format

950 WCTN MD, Potomac-Cabin John is now 24/7 Korean language Christian format.
Their slogan is "Washington Kidokkyo Pangsong". (Washington Christian
Broadcasting).  First heard with new format on 03/04 with sermon by male preacher
in Korean followed by hymns in Korean 0925-0955. At 0955-1000 I heard a string of
ads in Korean. At 1000 heard ID in Korean by a male as "AM Kubaek-oship.
Washington Kidokkyo Bangsong-imnida. WCTN." This was followed by a sounder
and music, and then a full legal AM with a chorus singing "WCTN Potomac-Cabin
John." After the TOH ID, I heard news by a female followed by an announcement in
Korean that the station will new be broadcasting 24/7 in Korea with re-broadcasts
from FEBC (Kukdong Bangsong) and the Korean Christian Broadcasting System
(Kidokkyo Pangsongkuk) in Korea. They will also broadcast locally produced
programs.  (WJH-MD)

Bill Harms
Elkridge, MD
NRD-525
homebew K9AY

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.