Re: [HCDX] The Shortwave Guide

Gentlemen,

I wonder if we could look at this as more of an opportunity than a setback.  Allow
me to explain:

Is there possibly enough support for publishing it in electronic form (PDF or web)?
 Think about it, if you already have the information compiled and tabulated, it
costs virtually nothing to share the information with the shortwave and DX
communities electronically.  The alternative, not sharing it, means the information
stays "locked up" somewhere and absolutely nobody benefits from that.  The upside
for you, of sharing, is the huge amount of mindshare and good will it will expose
the WRTH publishers to, maintaining, even generating sales of the paper
publications.

Also, as a physically disabled DXer and WRTH customer since 1979, who increasingly
finds the published WRTH difficult and cumbersome to handle, any information coming
out electronically from such a reputable and respected publisher such as your
company would be a godsend.

Sincerely,

Earl Higgins
St. Louis, MO, USA

--- WRTH International Editor <sean.gilbert@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Below is an announcement regarding the Shortwave Guide, for immediate
> distribution.
>
> Announcement from WRTH:
>
> We are sorry to say that, after an extensive period of consultation and
> analysis, we have decided not to publish another edition of The Shortwave
> Guide. The book was very well received by those who bought it, and
> especially by frequency and scheduling managers, but the overall sales do
> not justify continuing publication. As this has been the fate of all summer
> editions published by WRTH we must now learn the lesson that there is not
> enough interest in the summer schedules for a successful print publication.
>
> Thank you for the support we got for the last two volumes.
>
> Nicholas Hardyman
> Publisher
> World Radio TV Handbook
>
> Regards,
>
> Sean D. Gilbert
>
> International Editor - WRTH (World Radio TV Handbook)
> Email: sean.gilbert@xxxxxxxx
> Web: www.wrth.com
> Fax: +44 (0) 709 2332287
> WRTH - THE Directory of Global Broadcasting

http://search.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.