Re: [HCDX] Report from Tokyo

> 5000   BPM  Heard with loud voice ID and morse at 2000.  There`s another
> station that is heard on each minute in English, saying something like
> "From
> 7,....this frequency....", at least that is what it sounds like to me.
> Not
> on 10 megs.  Who might they be???  I can share an audio clip upon my
> return
> to Canada tomorrow.  (Salmaniw, Kyoto 11 March).

Hi,
there are several possibilities.
In Taiwan, I heard on 5000 both WWVH from Hawaii and HLA from Korea. Both
have female announcements each minute. WWVH I think announces from 45-52
seconds, the rest of the minute left for the US-continental brother station WWV
which announces with a male voice in th 52-59 seconds, and in this gap also HLA
has its announcement.
So female English announcement: WWVH
Female Korean announcement: HLA (but in fact in sounded English to me as
well, although not readable,  the signal was rather weak)
Male English announcement: WWV, Colorado.

You should be able to check the WWV/WWVH text by tuning to them in Canada, I
think (5/10/15/20 MHz).
HLA has a website on http://kriss.re.kr/time/English/IndexHLA.html though
not too informative.

Yours,
Eike

--
Eike Bierwirth
04317 Leipzig, DL

*** Find the current overall shortwave schedule
*** on http://www.eibi.de.vu/
capercaillie@xxxxxxx

51°19'53"N - 12°24'28"E
Rx: JRC-NRD525
Ant: SW - 20m wire, LW/MW - homebrew loop

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.