Re: [HCDX] some logs

>>MIDDLE EAST 15500U, 1520-1550, UNID May 10 presumed MARLO station, today
>>with comparatively good audio in the peaks, but deep fades and splatter
>>from 15505 R. Kuwait, music and occasional announcements in Arabic
>>language with something in English which sounded like an e-mail address,
>>unfortunately I yet again heard no ID, today there were some folks
>>talking in USB on the same frequency as well, couldn't make out the
>>language, maybe some half-hearted attempt to 'jam' the 'MARLO'
>>broadcast, at 1548 there was an announcement with a phone no. (which I
>>didn't get) like Jari Savolainen has already reported, then back into
>>Arab style music. (TR)
>>73 de Thomas Roth, DL1CQ
>
>Hi Thomas.
>They seem to ID as "Radyo Maulumati" (differs a bit in each language).
>The e-mail address you mention is "mail @ rewardsforjustice.net",
>more details at www.rewardsforjustice.net
>I once managed to hear an accented English announcement, too. But
>unfortunately missed the very beginning of it and of course there was
>a deep downfade at the end. So cannot say at the moment if they use
>English name "Information Radio".
>The frequency choice is bad, at one time there is R Kuwait on both sides,
>15495 and 15505.
>73
>Jari Savolainen
>Kuusankoski
>Finland

Hi Jari and all,

and thanks for the heads up! Thanks for the email address. I don't
intend to write to them ;-) but now that I have in writing, I could
decipher it from my recording. And yes about the poor choice of
frequency. I wonder if anyone (but a very few) listens to these
broadcasts anyway...

73 de Thomas Roth, DL1CQ
53º32'58"N - 9º58'00"E
RX: JRC NRD-525G
ANT: Dipole 32m long

--
 A wise man makes his own decisions
  A weak one obeys public opinion

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.