[HCDX] WMR testing on 5815 KHz.

World Music Radio in Denmark is now testing on 5815 KHz. I can listen the station here in the Northwest of Spain at 0445-0550 with non stop English music and good signal ( 45444). May 19.
For a reception report sent days ago about a transmission on 15810 KHz, a receive now this newsletter:

"It is with great pleasure that we can inform you that we now - finally -
have commenced broadcasting with the new 10 kW Collins transmitter.
From shortly after 1500 UTC today May 18th 2004 World Music Radio (WMR)
is testing on 5815 kHz.

Test transmissions on 15810 kHz have been carried out since May 9th with
a power of 500 W. Letters and reception reports have been received from
Japan, USA, Greenland, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Belgium,
Italy, Spain and Nigeria. Thanks to everyone. Those requesting QSL will
get one soon.

Our test transmissions consist of non-stop music and will be irregular
for the next couple of weeks. We intend to keep 5815 kHz on the air till
Wednesday morning without any breaks. Later we need - among other things
- to adjust the modulation on both transmitters.

The transmitter site is near Karup in Western Denmark and the on air
studio (from where the test transmissions are coming live) is located
near Randers. The aerials used for both frequencies are dipoles.

Monitoring observations on the reception quality are highly appreciated
- and it would be a help if you could compare our signal on 5815 kHz
with other European stations with a similar power (for instance Germany
on 6190 kHz).

Best regards,

Stig Hartvig Nielsen
WMR - World Music Radio
PO Box 112,
DK-8900 Randers
Denmark
E-mail: wmr@xxxxxx
Website: www.wmr.dk

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.