[HCDX] my recent Middle East log on 1170

Some further information about a recent Rowley, MA
DXpedition log:

1170 | unID | MAY 20 0112 - a real mystery here with
"Sawa type" pop Arabic music; mixing with nulled WWVA.
 It soon faded. [Connelly*rw-MA]

Bengt Ericson <bengt.ericson@xxxxxxxxx> in Sweden
writes
"Hi Mark,

I saw your logging on 1170 kHz with Sawa-sound. It
is Radio Farda broadcasting for Iran from UAE. Power
was mentioned to be 150 kw, but the station is very
strong late at nite here in southern Sweden. Iran
has also started a 750 kW station on the same fq
to disturb Farda, but they only talk and play
Iranian music."

It sounds reasonable since all three Kuwait stations
(1548, 1575, and 1593) were propagating in at the time.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.