[HCDX] Logs and QSLs from NH-USA, May 24-28

2380, BRASIL, R.Educadora (presumed), 0838-0853, May
27, Portuguese, Very weak signal under QRN w/ music
and lengthy talks. Unusable by t/out. (Barbour-NH)

7125, RUSSIA, Russian Int'l Radio, 2347-0011, May 24,
Russian, Russian pops and dance music w/ OM and YL
over music b/w selections. News bulletin and
soundbites at 0000. 0033-0048, May 25 OM and pop music
program. Numerous "Russkoye Mezhdunarodoyne Radio" IDs
throughout both listening periods. Booming signals. Is
this direct from Russia or a DTK Juelich relay?
(Barbour-NH)

7507U, PUERTO RICO, AFRTS, 0013-0032, May 25, English,
Live coverage of GW Bush speech re June 30th Iraqi
power transfer. Good w/ USB "hum". (Barbour-NH)

9430, PHILIPPINES, FEBC, 1007-1030, May 25, Mandarin,
YL w/ long religous talks, various musical bit and
ballads. Fair,choppy by 1030 so ID is tentative though
format seems to fit. (Barbour-NH)

Noel Green in the UK informed me, after reading my log
last week of FEBC 9500, that CNR-China had taken over
9500 and FEBC moved to 9430 a few weeks later. Noel
says he's been working on this for weeks. I can
confirm this as I tuned too 9500 at 0958, May 25 and
heard the familiar "Zhongyang Remnin Guangbo Dientai"
ID at ToH. A recent CNR QSL shows 9500 in the lengthy
frequency list.

9870, MONACO, TWR, 0816-0820*, May 27, English,
Instrumental version of "Amazing Grace", OM w/ s/off
announcements and freq's, IS. Good, // 11865 Tirana,
fair. (Barbour-NH)

9955, USA, Radio Joystick via WRMI, 1043-1057, May 25,
English/German, Dance/Techno music by Crystal Method
and others, OM w/ IDs and Germany POB in both EG/GM.
Cuban "bubble" jammer came on at 1054, gained strength
and overtook the frequency by 1057. An e-mail reply
from WRMI General Manager, Jeff White, confirmed this
was a "special transmission" of Radio Joystick,
regularly aired on the first Saturday of the month.
(Barbour-NH)

11765, ALASKA, KNLS, 0822-0833, May 27, English,
Gospel music, brief language lesson re "the last
straw". "Just in Time" testimonial prg and "KNLS Music
Library". Fair though "wobbly" signal, best in LSB.
(Barbour-NH)

13610, SYRIA, R.Damascus, 2004-2034, May 26,
Arabic/English, YL in Arabic at t/in w/ music and
talk, OM w/ full EG ID at 2010 and schedule. Fanfare
followed by news Syria and Arab region. COmmentary re
British opinion of Tony Blair and Iraq. "From the
local press" prg. re GW Bush Iraq failure. Poor, boxed
in by 13615 WEWN and 13605 AIR until 2030*.
(Barbour-NH)

15810, DENMARK, WMR, 2120-2149, May 24, English, Pop
and disco music from Don Henley and Donna Summer.
"WMR, World Music Radio" jingle at 2137. Weak but
readable with the occasional, deep fade. Fading out by
t/out. (Barbour-NH)

15747, SRI LANKA, SLBC, *1229-1240, May 24, English,
IS, pips, YL w/ s/on announcements. Funk-like music w/
YL b/w selections. Weak/poor under QRN. (Barbour-NH)

QSLs:

BOSNIA, Int'l Radio of Serbia and Montenegro, 7115,
n/d "2004 QSL Special" card confirming "the reception
of a report between February 10 and March 10" and a
sharp looking pennant in 93 days for $1.  RSCG offered
special cards and pennants in celebration of their
March 8th anniversary. (Barbour-NH)

HONG KONG, RHKYR, 8749U, Friendly letter from Radio
Television Hong Kong regarding my report of the Royal
Hong Kong Yacht Race weather transmissions stating
that what I heard April 9, 2004 was not a regualr
broadcast by RTHK but a HF weather broadcast
facilitated by PCCW, their technical contractor, whom
they forwarded my letter too. This explains my second
PCCW QSL received earlier this week. This in 43 days
for 1 IRC. V/S, Ms. Rachel Chan, Director of
Broadcasting. (Barbour-NH)

Scott R Barbour Jr-Intervale,NH-USA
R75, MLB-1, RS longwire w/ RBA balun.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.