From: Paul Logan <paul.logan4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:56

Subject: Fwd: Transatlantic FM opening.

Just a few lines to report a rather exceptional reception which occured this weekend just gone by.

During a Sporadic E opening on June 19th toward Iceland a path opened to North America which saw the MUF rise at least as high as the FM
broadcast band.

A North American station was received between 1310 and 1330 UTC. As yet no positive identification of its souce has been possible but I am
confident that this was a Trans Atlantic signal. During the event TA television carriers were received on 55.25 - 61.25 - 67.25 - and
83.25 mhz.

To my knowledge this is the third time in the last year that such a path has opened the other dates being June 26th and July 20th 2003.

Further information on these receptions can be found at the bottom link.

Audio from June 19 2004 can be heard at

http://www.geocities.com/yogi540/unid

Hope this report is of some interest.

Paul Logan, MI3LDO

Lisnaskea, N. Ireland.

Loc. IO64GG

Low VHF/ FMDX Homepage: www.geocities.com/yogi540

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.