[HCDX] Silicon Valley AM Bandscan 2003-2004

Here's your chance to take a cheap (audio) tour of the Bay Area! My sabbatical year is drawing to an end, so I have compiled a collection of radio station recordings from my temporary home, the Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Silicon Valley AM Bandscan 2003-2004 <http://www.dxing.info/logs/usa_silicon_valley_bandscan.dx> contains a total of 260 station identifications and other announcements from 208 different AM stations in the Bay Area and the U.S. West Coast, including also a few Canadian and Mexican stations.

Don't expect rarities - this is a result of occasional listening, not serious DXing. I wanted to collect good-quality recordings of the top-of-the hour station identifications whenever possible. The purpose is educative; to make it easier for you to identify the stations when you are DXing the U.S. West Coast. Therefore, in addition to the recordings (in MP3 format), the listing gives also slogans and formats.

Enjoy the sounds of the Bay, and please post your comments on the DXing.info Community <http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=1472>, especially if you have additional information about the stations in question, such as their slogans and changing formats, as well as about stations missing from the list. In the DXing.info Community thread I have also pointed out a bunch of recent changes on the local AM dial, including new stations, formats and calls.

During the following two months I will be mostly on the road, and online only occasionally, which is why updating the DXing.info News section is temporarily done in a different way: in July and August you can find the latest radio news in a new temporary forum <http://www.dxing.info/community/viewforum.php?f=27>, but from September things should get back to normal, and the latest news returns to its normal page <http://www.dxing.info/news/index.dx>, which also serves as an access point to the news archive. You can keep on emailing me about radio news and everything else, but expect delays in responding.

73s
Mika Makelainen
Palo Alto, US / Vantaa, Finland - and on the road in between

PS.
If your email software doesn't support embedded links, here they are in plain text:
Silicon Valley AM Bandscan: http://www.dxing.info/logs/usa_silicon_valley_bandscan.dx
Notes on the Bandscan and news about the listed AM stations: http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=1472
Temporary news page: http://www.dxing.info/community/viewforum.php?f=27
The regular news page and news archive: http://www.dxing.info/news/

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.