[HCDX] MW Logs 28/6

Conditions were half decent last night into Asia. I have put another KAZ up towards Asia and it sure makes a difference.

It was an interesting night and I wish I could have gone the distance until dawn. It was one of those sessions where there was so much around but I was overcome by tiredness and gave it away.

972 1632 Unid Asian. Sounded Hindi and could possibly have been AIR Cuttack. Is there an ethnic NZer here?
999 1112 RRI Jakarta over ABC S.A & Broken Hill.
1107 1628 China over BBC on 2EA. Could not get SW // for this so unsure of site.
1170 1620 DXMR Zamboanga. Very good in Tagalog.
1215 1602 HLAK MBC Chinju. Mixing here with Aussie. No sign of Philippines.
1242 1554 Can Tho Vietnam. Massive signal that stunned me. Well over the top of all aussies.
1287 1500 JOHR Sapporo. Only Jap heard tonight. Lots of giggle & JJ pop. No sign of Philippines.
1314 1551 BEV76 Tien Sheng BC station. Reasonable mixing with Aussies.
1359 1549 Family Radio Taiwan. Very big signal at times mixing with Mildura.
1386 1548 HLAM Sth Korea. Everyone else was hearing it. Now me. No sign of NZ this late. Korean MA.
1467 1302 Unid. Very difficult to say what this was. It appeared to me to be in Indonesian, yet I cannot find any reference to an Indonesian here. No sign of Thailand and Philippines. I'll have to go through the tape on this. Mostly talk.

1494 1258 Unid Chinese. Mixing here with Radio Sport NZ. 2AY is a semi local here only 70km away.
1512 1248 DYAB Best heard with lots of in studio chatter. Also noted at abnormally high level was 6BAY Geraldton.
1521 1242 1XTR Tauranga. Weak with talk under 2QN.
1530 1234 DZME Very strong. Mixing with 2YP New Plymouth.
1575 1132 VOA Thailand. In Burmese at strong level over R.Italia.

David Onley
Myrtleford, Victoria
mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.iprimus.com.au/onleydw/

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.