[HCDX] 4790 Saudi Arabia?

On 30 June at 1845 noted a station with Arabic phone-ins
on 4790. Weak under local static/man-made noise. Time
pips at 1900, then news. Random rechecks showed sports
news around 2020 and time pips and news again at 2030.
At that time signal had improved and several mentions of
Riad and Saudi Arabia was heard. I guess this is the Saudi
transmitter which used to carry clandestine programs such
as Voive of the Iraqi People. These various 60 meterband
transmissions were believed to be sub-harmonics from a 31
meterband transmitter. I checked the "fundamental"
9580 but no parallel program heard (same thing noted often
here during the clandestine era, only a weak signal on fundamental
or then nothing). I guess the program was BSKSA 2nd Arabic
Program, based on the newscast times and also the 1st program
channels on MW were not in parallel.
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.