[HCDX] MW loggings from Oz

Went out to my Mudgegonga dx site tonight. Just 10 minutes from Myrtleford. Bought myself some terrific electric fence poles made out of spring steel with feet. They are about 4 foot high & have a pigs tale with insulator affair. It has made life a lot easier putting the beverage out.

I was home about an hour after dark. It gets damn creepy out there on the edge of the forest in total blackness. However I left the antenna out and I'm heading back there at 4:30am armed with a thermos of coffee, gloves and beanie. Bring on the Europeans and Africans.

Here are a few loggings made this evening.

990 0700 Ace Broadcasting NZ. Huge signal in CC. Mandarin / Cantonese Svce
1110 0808 KSPN Pasadena CA. Sports.
1180 0704 Marti. SS
1350 0707 R. Sport, Rotorua
1310 0803 KMKY Oakland CA. Disney format ?
1320 0800 XEJP. Nice Mexican. SS.
1386 0640 R. Tarana, Auckland Biggest Kiwi on the band these days.Hindi/EE
1390 0814 Unid. Sounded Mexican. Maybe KLOC Turlock CA ?
1400 0814 Unid Graveyard Channel. Too weak to ID. Might be the ethnic thing here.
1410 0815 XEKB Guadalajara. Huge signal in SS.
1460 0708 KHRA Honolulu Korean & pops.
1480 0728 KYOS Merced CA. Newstalk. (Thought it was KWIZ)
1500 0726 KUMU Hawaii. Talk program.
1520 0713 KOMA Oklahoma City. Talk and ads.
1570 0725 XERF. CD. ACUÑA. Massive signal. SS.
1580 0713 KMIK Tempe Arizona. R.Disney.
1660 0750 KTIQ-Radio Visa, Merced, CA. SS

Icom R75 + 420m beverage

David Onley
Myrtleford, Victoria, Australia
mwdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.iprimus.com.au/onleydw/

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.