[HCDX] Fw: Radio Guaruja FM

Further to the information  from Michael Schnitzer in HCDX, I received the
following e-mail from Pedro MC de Castro, President of DX Clube Do Brasil.
He is located in Lorena, Sao Paulo state:

Subject: Re: Radio Guaruja FM

Good morning John!

Radio Guarujá's 3235 transmitter is not located in Guarujá but in Marília
SP, 440 km away.
This is obviously a very bad layout, so they assembled a new tx in Guarujá.
In some occasions it operated replacing Marília, but now they moved 5 kHz
down and are relaying the FM program.
I would say that they are testing this transmitter's range and reliability
before they shut down Marília's tx.
Both stations can easily be tuned in Lorena by night with a 7600 GR.
Surprisingly, they don't cause mutual interference.
Radio Guarujá belongs to Rampazzo family.

Best wishes and good listening!

Pedro

At 22:02 30/7/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Pedro-
>
>Are you familiar with the station called Radio Guaruja FM?. I noticed it is
>in Sao Paulo State. They are testing on short-wave on 3230 kHz and coming
in
>very well on some days (thunderstorms cause some problems, so they should
be
>better in our winter).
>
>Ironically, Radio Guaruja Paulista is on 3235 kHz! I would think there
would
>be some interference between the two stations in Lorena. Up here, they are
>separable and I can easily hear the two different signals on my radio.
>
>I will send them a report soon. They have a nice website and I will send
the
>report to the Diretor Gerente there (Evandro Rampazzo). They play some
>American music too. Over the last few days I heard songs by Phil Collins
and
>Michael Jackson.
>Have a great weekend, Pedro. Best wishes,
>
>John

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.