[HCDX] QSL from 4750 R Peace, South Sudan

Some time ago, a friend of mine visited New Site, South Sudan.
He hand-delivered my 9 March 2004 reception report to the staff
at the Radio Peace (4750) transmitter site (which, I believe is
some 10 km from New Site). In return he received a handwritten
confirmation letter. That letter now arrived to my letterbox, mailed
from outside Sudan. As the letter says, there is no e-mail neither postal
service to the station. What I've heard, many people there use
PO Boxes in Loki, Kenya, which is the frontier town before the border.
It is about two hours drive from New Site. So there is a faint chance
to get a letter through routing it "via Loki, Kenya".
Here's what the letter says (two last names of the signer were a bit
difficult to read).
-------
"24th July 2004

Dear Jari Savolainen
I am so please to receive your reception report to our radio.
It's frequency is found escactly as you mentioned in the report.
We have two periods of broadcasting, 5:30 AM Sudan Local Time
and 7:00 PM Sudan Local Time each period is two hours.
The station is using ready cassetts from local languages, especial
Arabic and Spot Light English Language. The programes are most
enjoyful to the listeners of Radio Peace, especially those who
understand these languages and I hope it's so enjoyful to those
who listens to Spot Light English.
We are stil in the bushes so - we have no facilities of making an e-mail
or postal address however, I will provide you with the following, hoping
that your reply could reach us.
With many thanks
Augustino Makude Anur
New Site
Kapoita County
Equatoria Region
Radio Peace
NEW SUDAN"
-------

73
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.