[HCDX] A few more loggings from Victoria, BC

With the holiday Monday, I was able to DX a bit yesterday and briefly this morning. A few more logs of interest possibly:

PAPUA AND NEW GUINEA 4890, 1345-, NBC Port Moresby Sep 6 Good reception, although conditions are not as good as yesterday, with a more rapid drop off at dawn. Time check for 'quarter to 12' in English, after a song from Daru, Western Province. Announced they'd be closing down at midnight. Into a western 70s vintage song. Gave sign-off announcements at 13:55, followed by a local song ('we have to live together, side by side'), and then a military rendition of their NA from 13:58. Carrier stays on as usual past 13:59. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

INDIA 4800, 1349-, AIR Hyderabad Sep 6 AIR battling it out with CNR and the swoosher. Sometimes one dominates, and sometimes the other. Both with talk. Darn that intruder! Both are reasonably strong. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

INDIA 5010, 1351-, AIR Thiruvananthapuram Sep 6 Fair reception with talk in an Indian language by a YL. Spoiled occasionally by an intermittent ute. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

MYANMAR 5985.80, 1408-, Radio Myanmar Sep 6 Good reception, in fact one of the strongest times I've heard this one with programming in listed Bamar with Burmese music (sounds a lot like Indian music to my ear) interspersed with brief segments by a male. English started at 14:34 with a heavilly accented woman making it somewhat difficult to follow. Into a piece about Dengue fever. Best on LSB. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

LAOS 7145, 1351-, Radio Nationale Lao Sep 7 Weak audio (?in English) presumed with talk by YL. Should be reasonably understandable as the accent is OK. This station should improve during the winter to useable levels. Worth keeping an eye on (English is listed in ILG as 1330 to 1400. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw
DXing the world from Victoria, BC

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.