[HCDX] Fwd: RNZI's Mailbox Show revisits 1944!

The following information has been sent to me by Adrian Sainsbury, Technical Manager of Radio New Zealand International.

Regards
Mark Nicholls
Chief Editor  NZ DX Times Magazine
NZ Radio DX League
http://www.radiodx.com/

In the Mailbox programme going to air on 13 September we welcome from the NZ DX League, David Riquish - David has been in Christchurch burrowing in the Radio New Zealand sound archives. He has discovered some amazing recordings of 1ZM Auckland recorded back in 1944. He tells the story of 1ZM Auckland's. 60th anniversary of the station being handed over to the American Forces Radio Service in 1944 and run as the southernmost outlet of the famous Mosquito Network.

The programme airs on Monday Sep 13 at 2030, 1330, 1530 and 0330 on Tuesday 14 Sep (All times are UTC) . At the RNZI web site www.rnzi.com Mailbox is available to download, all you need is the Internet and a Real Audio Player.

Also in the programme we have letters from far and wide and a propagation forecast as supplied by IPS Radio & Space Services in Sydney.

In Mailbox to be aired 27 Sep David will be looking at Polynesian Radio in Auckland. A contemporary look at what's different about 531PI, Radio Samoa and Niu FM, three stations with a different sound catering for Polynesian listeners in Auckland.

Our DX Corner in October editions of Mailbox feature contributions from Tony King.

Join Mailbox, plays fortnightly on Mondays presented by Myra Oh and Adrian Sainsbury.

Best Regards

Adrian Sainsbury
Technical  Manager
Radio New Zealand International
P O Box 123
Wellington
Web:  www.rnzi.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.