[HCDX] Positve ID for Korean on 972 - was: This Morning's TP Mediumwave Logs - Japan, China, S. Korea

Hi Guy!

	Great recording!  I was able to glean the following from the ID right before
the time pips. Female - "Nambuki hannaro segyero KBS Sa-hoe Kyoyuk Pangsong-
imnida. Chamshi-hu yolhan-shi-ga doegessumnida." ("South and North as one - to
the world - the KBS Social Education Broadcast. In a moment, it will be 11 o'clock.")
Time pips.  Male - "Nyusu-mnida." ("The News").  If you listen carefully, the KBS will
come out at you because it is relatively clear. Try it out.

	Note that Social Education is a direct translation from the original Korean,
and that KBS for some reason "officially" calls this station the Liberty Program.

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

On 5 Oct 2004 at 16:28, Guy Atkins wrote:

> I was able to identify 972 as HLCA by paralleling it
> to 1134 kHz just before 1400. A short MP3 recording of this catch can be
> heard at: http://www.guyatkins.com/files/HLCA_972khz.mp3

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out!