[HCDX] Oct. 6th African & Asian Loggings

MALAYSIA 4895, 1405-1600*, RTM Kuching Oct 6 Found with Middle-Eastern
instrumental music at good level while searching for a parallel to RTM on
1475 kHz. After 1500, Indonesian style pop music was heard. I listened to
4895 as background music while I did other things in the shack, then noticed
RTM go off quickly at 1600*, which is the listed sign-off time. For a short
audio file of RTM Malaysia on their mediumwave frequency of 1475, take a
listen to: http://www.guyatkins.com/files/RTM_1475.mp3. (Atkins-WA)

SINGAPORE 3915, 1602-1604, BBC Kranji Oct 6 BBC World Service news in
English with male and female announcers. Fair. (Atkins-WA)

ZAMBIA 4910, 1605-1615, ZNBC Lusaka Oct 6 Apparent news items in English
read by man; only a few words intelligible due to weak signal and band
noise. Afropops music noted at 1614, two hours past local sunrise and during
Lusaka sunset. (Atkins-WA)

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
Modified RA6790GM & R75