[HCDX] Virgin Islands 1620

Hi, many thanks to Anker P. who sent me a swift reply about 6340. I was just too lazy to
stay on the frequency to  hear the id. Today I did and heard "---dengi Kurstistana Iraka---".

Re 4982U  old friend  Jouko in Turku (Åbo in Swedish) says he's heard something of the the
same kind on 4855.1L.  He also tells that 603 Mariehamn is background mx for him. Well really not here
in Trollhättan, Sweden.  Romania, France, the UK,s and  some tx with nonstop pop mx, so far no id
gotten by me.

Re 5770 Myanmar they are there most afternoons until 1630 or so. With utility talk in Russian as
a QRM from time to time, and also some audio which sounds like another bc station.

1620 Oct 7  0455  VI. WHDP, Fredrikstedt is an easy catch. I heard no id on the hour, but at 0510
there were three ads for organizations. What amazed me and amused me was the first one , ending
with these words "Community - Service - Protection - Commitment   -- The Virgin Ilands Police Department".
I can't tell where the line between a PSA and an ad goes. Anyway, if the local police (here) had put an ad
like this one  on the air, people would've  laughed their arse off.   This was actually the first time that I heard
something very local from the Virgin Islands, except the ids or course. With daylight around 0530 the station
disappeared. Fair to nil./Berglund, Sweden

73
Johan Berglund,
Trollhättan, Sweden

AOR AR7030, K9AY and a random wire