[HCDX] Super TP Mediumwave Conditions This Morning

The ionosphere really cooperated this AM! Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and
possibly Russian stations were heard across the low- and mid-band of
mediumwave, from 1340 to 1440 UTC. In all, I had 23 mediumwave split
frequencies heard with at least "threshold" audio.

Strongest of all were 594 (Japanese), 693 (Japanese), 774 (Japanese), 972
(Korean), and 1143 kHz (Chinese).

Particularly noteworthy was 693 JOAB Tokyo with English news, parallel to
774 with Radio Japan news including shortwave frequencies and meterband
announcement. A short recording is here:
http://www.guyatkins.com/files/JOAB_693_EE_nx.mp3  The announcer in the clip
seems to be talking about the overnight mooring of the USS Lake Erie
(http://www.lake-erie.navy.mil/) at Hidekei (sp?) Port in Japan, with
mention's of the vessel's special defensive radar capabilities.

I also had Chinese coming in on 738, which was likely the Hunan Satellite BS
station from Changsha, at 200 kw.

Most intriguing was a possible Russian station, 657 kHz heard around 1350.
If so, it's the R. Rossi station in Chita, Siberia. A short recording is
here: http://www.guyatkins.com/files/657_kHz.mp3  Can anyone help confirm
the language? I didn't get the frequency exactly at zero-beat in LSB, so
it's a bit squawky.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
Modified RA6790GM & R75