[HCDX] Grayland (North) report 1 OCT 15, 2004

I have been assigned the task of monitoring the MW
band at sunrise from the Southern tip of Vancouver
Island while the 'guys at Grayland' are doing their
thing (Oct 15-16-17). Here is my initial report.

I was up today from 1330UTC on and found the
conditions to be slightly above average
on Northerly paths to Japan and Korea.

Regulars like 747, 774 and 828Khz Syncro NHK
were S9+ on the Kenwood R2000 w/ coupled 4' Loop
for the duration through sunrise. S. Korea
on 972 was easily heard past 1405 with KK News.
It had no trouble in the shadow on the 980khz
Vancouver B.C. powerhouse. There were lots of
big hets, some yielding hazy audio; 738khz, 783khz,
837khz, 873khz, 945khz, 1053khz, 1188khz and
a very fady 1575khz..

I am thinking that this was a 'very good' morning
at Grayland..

>From Victoria, B.C. Canada..
 I am Colin Newell

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out!