Re: [HCDX] Pirate Radio 603 AM -- translated summary

Pirate AM 603 was on the air as usually today around 10Z.
BTW, see my web-site

http://www.kaapeli.fi/~jmantyla/index2.htm

and click "Europe" to see some QSL's from radio stations on Aland.

Jorma Mantyla
Kangasala

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Hermod Pedersen wrote:

> Mike Terry <miketerry73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>It would be great if someone would translate this news on nya aland website
>for us:
>http://www.nyan.aland.fi/template11.con\?iArticle=2738

Roy Sandgren, owner of Pirate Radio 603AM, broadcasting from the Finnish island
of Åland, wants the authorities to stop his own radio station.
?I have asked the national Finnish communication commission to withdraw my
licens. I don?t want anybody to use the frequency,? Roy Sandgren says to the
local newspaper Nya Åland.
Sandgren?s move is a try to stop his American rival Mike Spenser, who is
transmitting on 603 kHz while claiming that he has an agreement with Sandgren.
Sandgren denies this.
?We never had any agreement; what we had was a cooperation."
"Spenser don?t want any agreement, forcing me to pay all fees. That is why I
stopped our cooperation in early September,? Sandgren says, adding that he is
seeking new partners for his radio station.
Spenser, however, have kept on transmitting on 603 kHz.
The local police have shown little interest in intervening.
?This should be solved by legal means in court, not by the police,? says police
superintendent Olof Lindqvist.
An official withdrawal of the licens might change this.
?A continued transmission would, in that case, be in violation of the radio laws,
which might force us to take actions.?
First, Lindqvist adds, the police want this information from the authorities, not
from Sandgren. However, it may still be a matter of priority.
?Breaking the radio laws is not particularly serious.?
Mike Spenser do not wish to comment Sandgren?s new action, referring to the
?delicate situation?.
?All Sandgren wants is to destroy the radio station we have established in
accordance with the agreements we have,? Spenser says to the newspaper Nya Åland.

Full newspaper article in Swedish at
http://www.nyan.aland.fi/template11.con\?iArticle=2738