[HCDX] Some MW loggings

Hi all,

Below are some of my latest MW catches (not published in Signal bulletin
yet).

AZERBAIJAN
549 kHz is a known channel widely used by Russia (network of Radio Mayak
transmitters) and Ukraine (Promin' / Radio Kultura). But I can catch
Azerbaijan Radio here as well, if the antenna is oriented to accept signal
from the south. For instance, world news in Azeri heard 14 Nov at 16.10,
SINPO 34333, cristal audio.

IRAN
684, 13 Nov, 2022, broadcast in Persian, not parallel to 531 kHz and other
Sarasari program channels. ID at 2030: "Saat bistu chohor. Injoh
Mashhad-ast, Sedoye Djomhuriye Islamiye Iran, Shabakiye ...[indistinct word,
but surely not "ostaniye"=provincial]". Regional news followed. When I
returned at 2050, Mashhad studios had already gone off, replaced by the
relay of main Sarasari program.

RUSSIA
531, 10 Nov, 2058-2100*, regional advertisements from Cheboksary were
inserted in the Mayak relay during the last two minutes of transmitter's
operational time. I presume all Mayak transmitters in European Russia are
now switched off at 2100 in winter, 2000 in summer.

SAUDI ARABIA
684, BSKSA 2nd program, 13 Nov, 2022, talk about Ras Tannura city in Arabic.
SINPO reached 44444 at the best, but not for long - the signal sank under
Iranian station very soon.

73!
Dmitry Mezin
Kazan, Russia