[HCDX] VOA signoff phrase from 1940's

I've received the following request from a visitor to our club website http://radiodx.com/

Does anyone know or remember what the phrase was for the VOA sign off to the Philippines would have been in the 1940's during WW2 and what the English translation was?
Or what the translation of his phrase below is?

Also would anyone have an audio clip/recording of the old VOA sign off from that era?

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Mark Nicholls
Chief Editor
New Zealand DX Times
New Zealand Radio DX League
http://radiodx.com/

Subject: A long time ago. To: editor@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir; I served in the Philippines area during WW2, was a radio technician aboard a Jeep carrier, U.S.S. Shamrock Bay CVE 84. We used to listen to the broadcasts from Voice of America to the Filippinos every evening around 6:00 pm local time. And the Voice always signed off with a phrase that sounded something like, "Aun Buhai aun Filippino". After all these years my extended family , uses that phrase instead of ,"goodbye" when we part company. Do you have any record of the phrase and do you have any meaning for it? I wish to add that after the war I married a Filippino-Polish girl and we had 58 wonderful years together, she just passed out of my life about two months ago. She was born in the USA , and I want to leave my family with the true meaning of the phrase. Thanking you for any and all help in this matter, I am. sincerely, Tom