From: Aart Rouw [mailto:arouw@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 12:25 PM
To: HCDX Mailing List
Subject: Re: [HCDX] Tropical SW Bands Virtually Empty

Thomas,
I can not agree with you. Today there was also the report form the Bavarian
DX camp from Michael Schnitzer. This shows there are still interesitng
catches to be made on the TB bands. Of course, this is somewhat "high
performance DX", but I can assure you there is still a lot of interesting
stations out there, also for a more average listener. Sure, there is less
choice than 5-10 years ago. Especially the number of LA stations (except
Brasil and Peru) has decreased dramatically. PNG is still very much active,
even on 90m, though often on irregular schedules. Of course the future does
not look very bright for TB DX, but it is too early to declare this dead.

Regards,
Aart Rouw
Bühl, Germany

-