Van: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens John
Verzonden: donderdag 2 december 2004 21:35
Aan: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [HCDX] Re: Tropical SW Bands Virtually Empty

I would agree that the tropical bands are not as active as they were in the
late-70s through about 1990 when I was much more active in TB DXing.  Not to
say that they are dead but they are much quieter (except for WWCR. WWRB and
the like!!!) than they were when I started DXing in 1976.  No real surprise
here, as we will continue to see FM radio take over more from SW in the
years to come, IMO.

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is coming out. Preorder yours and support open
communications for DXers: