[HCDX] WILANTIS is now ON-AIR

WILANTIS - The First FM "knowledge channel" starts in Germany

(Stuttgart, 05. December 2004) WILANTIS, the first German "Knowledge
 Channel" goes on air on December 6th. This in Stuttgart area with FM 88.6
and worldwide on www.wilantis.de.
WILANTISR is the first commercial radio station in Germany that will be
focusing on topics around science, research, technology and innovation.
GM Wolfgang Vo?eler (51): "Considering Hightech, Innovation, and Quality,
the Stuttgart area is on the leading edge in Europe. So naturally this is
the place to launch our program. What we see in laboratories today will
influence our daily life tomorrow. WILANTISR - the "knowledge channel"
explains those trends in understandable ways - listen to us and learn more!"
During daytime, up to 80% of the content will be dedicated to informing the
listener. "Knowledge News" will be broadcasted every 15 minutes and live
reports, interviews as well as background stories in between. Vo?eler
continues: "We don't just talk about technologies, we use them! Visual
information such as pictures, charts and diagrams, are important to convey
concepts and ideas to our listeners. Thus we offer them via Internet, DAB,
and for mobile users via UMTS. Our reporters are not tied to a desk either;
they use digital technology to prepare their reports "on the road" and can
send them to the station in real time."
WILANTISR - the "knowledge channel" is intended to be a source of
information for curious people of all ages who want to stay informed and see
knowledge as an asset that needs to be maintained and cultivated. Knowledge
has always been, and still is a good basis for an interesting job and a
bright future. To use "good old FM" for knowledge transfer and to couple
this with the new capabilities of Internet and cell phones, was the idea of
two entrepreneurs in the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg ( Germany ): Reinhold
Barlian and Manfred Wittenstein. Both have built successful high-tech
companies based on the concept of continuous employee qualification and are
convinced that cultivating knowledge and curiosity can be very entertaining.
WILANTISR will broadcast a variety of news, information and educational
topics from 6am to 8pm CET. The evening program will focus on audio books,
both fiction and non-fiction, in order to provide an alternative to the
usual TV shows.
For more information, or if you want to be part of the team, please contact

W.Vosseler@xxxxxxxxxxx //  Phone (+49) 711 - 74519090 * Fax (+49) 711 - 74
51 90 91

The WILANTIS - livestream You can find here: www.wilantis.de

VSC24