[HCDX] Sony ICF-SW1E Take-apart follow-up

> What is the secret to the ICF-SW1S take apart?

This from a rec.radio.shortwave reader --

There used to be a web site that detailed this procedure. I have done
it myself but it has been a few years. Pull off the volume knob. There
is a screw under it. Remove the other screws and the rear cover. The
covers snap together I recall. You have to unsolder a couple of ground
wires and the speaker wires that come through the unit. This allows
you to remove the front cover with the speaker. Each of the following
boards is held in place by some tiny black phillips screws. Remove the
keypad first being careful not to break the contact that hangs off the
top. Next remove (fold back) the display board being careful not to
tear the ribbon cable on the bottom. This allows you access to the
capacitor. It is surface mount and requires quite a bit of heat to get
it to come loose. You should have a good quality soldering pencil to
do this. This is all from memory. I hope it helps.

Jim