[HCDX] Radio Newsletter / ukRadio.com Services Close

Dear Radio Newsletter Reader,

It is with the greatest regret that we have decided to close down the services of ukRadio.com / The Radio Newsletter. The main reason for this is that we have been unable to secure sufficient funding for the year - which we rely on to pay for general business overhead costs and some small reward for the number of hours put in daily to keep this service going.

I launched the Radio Newsletter about 9 years ago as an information service on RSL stations to an off shoot list to the then SMS email list. It then developed to include more and more generalised Radio news, with the support of the Radio Authority / BBC and various radio stations around the UK. I later joined the team at Newstide to provide content for their website, but after that closed in 98/99 I was approached by Phillip Jones to set up a new dedicated Industry News website - www.ukRadio.com which launched in March 1999.

With the continued support of our readers and our advertisers over the years we grew this service from being an occasional hobby to becoming a respected Industry news portal - which at its peak had some 5000+ visitors (when we had forums as well) to the website daily and currently some 3600 subscribers to the Newsletter.

This would not have happened, were it not for the financial support from the following organisations / people - to whom we are extremely grateful.

Lines Unlimited
Launch Cast
Psion Wavefinder
UKRD
Grapevine Jobs
TM Century
Blue Revolution
RPB
Digital 1
Reach Radio
Find A Presenter
Radio Academy
Somethin Else
Channel 103
Tindle
New York Festivals
Orange Shop
Paul Chantler
unique Interactive
On-A-Hi
Juice
The Wireless Group
Hallam FM
WRN
The Radio Organisation
Geojock
EUC Conferences
Geojock
Gary Haberfield
Les Gunn
Devaweb
Global Radio news
Media School
NTL Broadcast / Arqiva
Better Radio Programming
Fusion Community Media
On-A-Stick Playout Software
JKC Media
Pure Digital

and also the support and advice from Keri Jones, Calum McCaulay, Andy Griffiths, Bill Everatt, Eric and Fiona Wiltsher, Paul Kavanagh, Hans Knot, John Myers, John Bradford, Steve and Wendy Conway, the various press departments, and many, many others over the years.

My thanks also to the rest of the ukRadio.com team - Phillip Jones, my wife Rachel, Victoria Smith and Andrew Rogers for all their hard work and to you for your support. It has been a pleasure and a great learning expereince for all those involved.

At this stage we are not ruling out a return at some point in the future - though I will be tied up with parental duties when our new baby arrives in March!

So for now it is Goodbye and thanks again for you kind support, comments and feedback over the last 9 years.

Co-Editor
Liam Gough

All enquiries please send to ukradio@xxxxxxxxxxx

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.