[HCDX] DX the past night in Mtl

Hello !

The past evening I got extremely poorly Spain-585 and Croatia-1134 was briefly at SIO 444 at 0114 UTC. Otherwise, Radio Progreso 890 was quite steady with little in the way of fadings and I feel asleep listening to boleros, played inside the Nocturno program which is almost as nice as Trios en la Noche programming-wise.

The highlight was hearing high-frequency growl between CFGO/mess-1200 and weak residual WPHT-1210 which was almost certainly the Bordeaux outlet of France Info. Where condx like they were in October when I had trouble with the chemio, I would have been able to listen to my 2nd outlet out of France on MW.

Despite Mike Terry report of excellent LW condx, I got nothing or almost nothing. Spurs and bits of fading audio on 171, sounded like two stations (maybe Morocco and Russia ?) on my Sangean CST-818. I have nothing good for LW right now. Also, I had terrible buzz on LW in the same way Venezuelan camarade José Elias Diaz had it all over the bands with his new coaxial antenna wire. Another issue that is disturbing my DXing quite a bit is a new TV set which is putting buzz around 1000-1300, disturbing Croatian and other DX on my Sanyo MCD-S830 barefoot.

A full repport will be issued as soon as I accumulate something more, including some South American DX (both YVs and HJs are nil since two weeks, perphaps more) and perphaps 1 or maybe 2 more TAs.

The most important news right now which could affect both me and my wonderful hobby is the scan which I will be doing tomorrow. There are 30% chances this damned cancer will came-back, but since the markers dropped so much during the chemio, I shouldn't worry.

Be the good DX with you !
Bogdan Chiochiu

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.