[HCDX] WNW EWE vs VERT vs East Bev.

Greetings,

Since I rebuilt the WNW EWE, I have found it does a pretty good job on
the SE null towards Portland, OR (75 miles away). Especially on some
frequencies.
   One of the tough stations to get rid of has always been KKSN 910 as
their lobe is aimed right at me. Anyway, with the new nulls, I have
found KKSN to be non existant at times at night and even during the day.
Sometimes I can't even hear them off the WNW EWE.
  Using the R8 and the coax from the antennas going directly into the
Antenna input on the receiver, on 910 (KKSN 5 KW U4), I get:
Eastern Beverage: S9+15 DB
45' Vertical: S9+5 DB
WNW EWE: S1-2
Infact sometimes during the day there aren't there, just some weak
signal with talk, either KURY or KNEW I presume.
This morning it was CKDQ Drumheller AB dominant most of the morning.
    Another example is 50 KW KPAM 860 KHZ  U2:
Eastern beverage: S9+18 DB
45' Vertical: S9+10 DB
WNW EWE: S3-4
    Someone is mixing. The null is so tight I am even getting some
splatter from local KSWB 840.
   One more example is 1 KWer KPDQ 800:
Eastern beverage: S9+2 DB
Vertical: S71/2
WNW EWE: Non existant to S1
  Again I can hear someone else in there. This one with rock, so
probably Penticton BC.

I have found in the 26 years I have been playing around with EWEs, yes
they are forgiving, but if you really want to build one right and can
really get very tight nulls. The 2.5K ohm pot I am using is much tighter
than the 2.5K ohm pot I am using on the SW EWE for some reason.
The more I experiment with the EWE antennas, the more I am indeed
impressed with them. No doubt about it.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.