[HCDX] VOA QSL's

As some of you know, I have been in contact with a VOA official
concerning QSL's.  The VOA had one person responsible for QSLing and
that person passed away suddenly in 2005. I have in the past three
weeks received two QSL's from the VOA for the same report. One was
sent to the WRTH snail mail address in October, a follow up was sent
to the email address on the web site in December. As mentioned, both
have now been verified with a card specific to the Sao Tome
transmitter site (the QSL depicts the antenna array there from an
aerial photo), along with a calendar and rather large magazine style
program guide.

I would recommend sending polite follow up reports via either method
at this juncture, or, if reception is of an more easily heard relay
site, a new report. I would emphasize that everyone remain polite and
not criticize the VOA for not responding to prior reports. Always
remember that QSL's are a courtesy and are never a "right" for DXers.
I would allow 4-6 weeks for a response.

Russell Lay
Nags Head, NC

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.