[HCDX] SW logs

9505 CUBA Radio Havana Cuba; 2105-2120 18 June.  Fake names "Ed Newman" and
"Yolanda Fisher" hosting the kickass, swingin' "Mailbag" program in English.
Very good signal.  Why aren't they on XM or Sirius?  This could blow Stern away
in a heartbeat.  Are you reading, Arnie?  "Yes, of course we broadcast in nine
languages on Radio Havana..." per Eddie during this segment.  Into Arniespeak
("Arnaldo" this time) regarding Cuba health care vaccination babble.  Then, a
segment about the Miami "Nuevo Herald" newspaper with references to "the rabid
lapdog of Washington."  Great script!  Abruptly into a 'new' version of the
interval signal X 1 at 2130 followed by Haitian Kreyol programming.
10330 INDIA AIR "FM Rainbow", Bangalore; 1951-2100* 18 June.  Tune-in to UK
English-accented male DJ (the John Peel of India, based on his great voice and
program content), mentioning Gwen Stefani, then into a Stefani (or was it No
Doubt) track, other Western Urban/rap songs backed against Indian 'Trip-Hop'
vocals.  Mention of "... you're on 102.6 MHz..." at 2007.  The Wallflowers "One
Headlight" at 2012.  Lots of brief patter between tracks, all in English by said
DJ.  Program seemingly called "The Wicked Hour" and he mentioned a totally
impossible-to-copy email address, direct to him.  Concluding at 2028 with The
Beatles "Drive My Car" and into totally cool, recorded promo "... FM... in the
morning or late at night... All India Radio, yes in stereo all the time on All
India Radio... 102.6..." sung to the tune of the Doobie Brothers "Listen To the
Music" then (without time sounders) into news by man in Hindi, 2030-2032.  Then,
canned "AIR [as in "air"], this is Rainbow" followed by Hindi pop vocals, Hindi
DJ.  Excellent copy.  And indeed, it is "The Wicked Hour" per this page:
http://allindiaradio.org/DTH-Radio/fmrainbow.htm.  So, I can only guess that I'm
listening to "Non Stop Geet Sangeet" now.  Certainly that would have been my
first guess, if you asked me.  Abruptly off at 2100.
11855 IRAN Voice of the Islamic Republic of Iran; Sirjan; *1721-1750 18 June.
Transmitter abruptly up at 1721 in unID language (actually, sounded Farsi),
VOIRI chimes/there sounders 1730, into German external service.  Hard to ID the
language initially, due to very bad (presumably) Iranian accent.  Very good, and
parallel about equal 15085.

Terry L Krueger
Clearwater, Florida
USA
27.55.83 N, 82.46.08 W

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html
                        or:
http://www.geocities.com/geigertree/flortis.html

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.