[HCDX] 1520 kHz Movimiento Insurreccional Martiano program in Tampa

A new one for me: stumbled upon the opening of the local chapter of the Old
School anti-Castro group, Movimiento Insurreccional Martiano (MIM) program via
WXYB, 1520 kHz, Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, today.  Opened with an unidentified
(MIM?) vocal anthem of sorts at 1:59 p.m. EDT.  All-Spanish programming, of
course, announcing the schedule as Saturday's 2-4 p.m. local and with lots of
Tampa references.  Listened to the entire program, "Programa Radial..." or
somesuch title -- never fully copied the name -- which was poorly produced with
lots of microphone bumps, no VOX limiter, gaps when the occasional Spanish vocal
songs were included.  Of course, no legal station ID's at 2, 3 or 4 p.m. despite
an approximately five-minute 3 p.m. break for local store commercials (all in
Spanish).  Finally, a canned legal ID at 5 p.m., during the "Radio Resurreción"
local Christian two-hour show that followed MIM's program.  Not parallel the
sometimes-parallel sister station WPSO, 1500 kHz, New Port Richey.  Jointly
logged on my car radio with the visiting David Crawford.

Terry L Krueger
Clearwater, Florida
USA
27.55.83 N, 82.46.08 W

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html
                        or:
http://www.geocities.com/geigertree/flortis.html

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.