[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs October 21

** CUBA. Spy letters on MCW heard on another day of the week, UT Sat Oct 21 at
0605 on 5800.0 and again with weaker MCW in the background, print-thru or mixed
message. Very strong (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE [non]. RFI, 6120 presumably Japan, heard on more day, Oct 21, opening
at 1400 after delayed timesignal. This time Singapore turned off its 6120
carrier closer to 1400 than 1401 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY. I thought DW was running DRM on 6140, but Oct at 21 it was lower,
seemingly centred on 6135 so logged as 6130-6140, and the schedule at
http://www.baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/drmdx/main&sort=kHz,UTC
shows it at 06-08 now on 6130, (i.e. 6125-6135), 200 kW ND to Eu. And it was
right up against Spain [non] on 6125 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Suara Indonesia again missing from 9525 at 1332 check Oct 21
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [non]. Vatican Radio in Italian, totally blocking Mexico on 6185, and
Vatican was also overmodulated, distorted, at 0602 Oct 21. This is supposedly
aimed 35 degrees from SMG, but a LOT of signal is coming our way toward CNAm,
and, Mexico, which does not exist as far as HFCC is concerned, despite having
met in Mexico City a few seasons ago! In B-06 Vatican will be blocking R.
Educación between 0330 and 0745; all we can hope for are propagation
disturbances or extremely low MUFs from Europe. Then at 08-11, CVC Chile will
ruin 6185 the rest of the night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. Again Oct 21 checked around 1337, no signal on the scheduled
analog frequency of RNZI, 7145, whilst DRM on 6095 was buzzing away. And again,
no admission on the website http://www.rnzi.com that 7145 is not really on the
air. Is anyone hearing any of their analog transmissions? Could it be they have
turned analog off just to see if anyone notices or complains? My hand is up
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ROMANIA [and non]. Re the Oct 20 report: rechecked Oct 21 at 1350, BBC in
Hausa was the dominant signal on 15105 instead of RRI; nothing but a SAH of
some 11 Hz presumably from RRI underneath. But BBC does not start until 1345.
If you go by azimuths and targets, RRI should still be on top, as it is 250 kW
at 307 degrees from Tiganeshti, while BBC is 250 kW at 65 degrees from
Ascension. An excellent example of how transequatorial propagation trumps the
other factors. It seems this situation will continue in B-06 as RRI doe not
make a timeshift  (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VATICAN. See MEXICO [non]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/