[HCDX] Good morning - Loggings

Condx were fair this morning which is better than usual.

Peru, 4955, Radio Cultural Amauta, 1030-1050  Noted Huaynos music at tune-in.  By 1034, a man in Aymara (possibly) or Spanish comments.  He takes over 20 minutes with his dissertation.  Heard "Amauta" mentioned, but generally the audio was so muffled, it was difficult to copy specific details.  Even so, the signal was above fair in strength.  (Chuck Bolland, November 10, 2006)

China, 5965, China Radio International (Pres), 1050-1057   Noted some music at tune-in.  At 1056 woman in Oriental Language - presumably Chinese.   She is joined with comments from a man off and on.  At 1057, dead air which continues.   Can't find any reference to this broadcast anywhere.   The PPWBR says that Gannan People's Broadcasting Station is on 5969 broadcasting to Tibet during this period, but the freqs don't match.   Don't quote me, but I think that the PBS doesn't go off the air prior to the hour as CRI does?  At about one minute before the hour, a new, stronger carrier pops up on this freq and on the hour CRI begins broadcasting.  This broadcast is scheduled and is definitely not the same transmission heard at 1050. (Chuck Bolland, November 10, 2006)

Russia, 6075, Radio Rossii, (Pres), 1115-1040  Noted a man in Russian Language comments.  At 1120, a woman breaks in with further comments.  At 1127, music presented.  My notes from previous research, which could be flawed, tell me that this being relayed via Arman, from the Far East of Russia.    Overall, the signal was fair.  (Chuck Bolland, November 10, 2006)

I use a Spectrum Analysis program which shows the audio signal from my NRD545's record line.  It really helps, when I am able to see and tune out interference  to the signal I am listening.  It also makes DXing more interesting.  For instance, when I adjust the notch filter ever so slightly with the help from the display, I am more concise with the notch tuning and actually improve readablity of the station.  This program is Freeware on the web.  Do a Google search for "Specturm Analysis".

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/