[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 10

** ALGERIA [non]. Is anyone still hearing the relays via UK? And if so on what
schedule, presumably changed from A-06? E.g. I was not hearing 7260 at 0607 Nov
10. O, that was only sked till 0600 anyway, in DXLD 6-090:

Some changes of VT Communications Relays from June 12/19 --- RTA Radio Algeria
again on short waves
0400-0600 on  7260 RMP 500 kW / 190 deg to NoAf Arabic
0400-0600 on  9540 WOF 300 kW / 160 deg to NoAf Arabic
1900-2000 on  9765 RMP 500 kW / 190 deg to NoAf Arabic
1900-2000 on 11810 WOF 300 kW / 160 deg to NoAf Arabic
2000-2100 on  9765 RMP 500 kW / 190 deg to NoAf Arabic
2000-2100 on 12025 WOF 300 kW / 160 deg to NoAf Arabic
2100-2300 on  7150 RMP 500 kW / 190 deg to NoAf Arabic
2100-2300 on  9710 WOF 300 kW / 160 deg to NoAf Arabic
(DX Mix News, Bulgaria, June 21 via DXLD) as already revealed here
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** AUSTRALIA. Strangeness from RA as I was tuning around Nov 10: on 6020,
interesting program about how the Blackfeet in Montana have banned tobacco from
public places was rudely interrupted by Waltzing Matilda at 1358. Tuned down to
5995 and at 1359 Roger Broadbent was mentioning Australian Express, maybe a
promo, since the 1330 program was I thought scheduled to be All in the Mind.
During this minute there were two RA transmitters on 5995, the other also
running W.M. After 1400, when I went back to 6020, it was off. Now why did they
need to chop off a program to run IS there?

Earlier at 1342 Nov 10 on 9475 I paused on some English lessons, for Chinese
speakers including Jacko! To illustrate ``the kookaburra is a bird`` (not an
insect) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA [non]. Re the RCI 0100-0157 English broadcast to SAs relayed from
Europe: now that we`ve found out what the real azimuth of the frequency 5840
via Sweden is, 95 degrees, as corrected on the RCI tech schedule, how about the
only // 5970, still listed as Nauen at
http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/PDF/RCI-TECH-B06-en.pdf
HBY 5840 350 95 HR 4/4/0.5 39-41 7 DAYS
NAU 5970 250 90 HR 4/4/0.5 40,41 7 DAYS
How can 5970 be on the air with DTK also broadcasting R. República 5 days a
week from 23 to 04 UT on 5970 instead of 5910? We`ve already concluded that RCI
and DW are no longer exchanging relays, so is there any replacement for this
5970? (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA [and non]. It`s amazing how little respect the CBC Northern Québec
service gets on its one and only frequency 9625. Lots of other stations come
and go on that frequency, apparently believing that all SW broadcasts only go
to their specified target, and who cares about remote northern Québec? I
thought there was a special relationship dating back to WW II between Canada
and Netherlands, but now RN Bonaire in Dutch is on 9625 at 0600 (ex-9630 in
A-06), despite the fact that CBCNQ runs past 0600.

Nov 10 at 0605 I tuned in to hear Dutch overriding `O Canada`, the anthem which
RCI never plays on its broadcasts. 0606 CBC into tone test briefly. While they
mixed, there was a fast SAH ripple indicating one or both are a good many Hz
off-frequency. With RCI running less and less from CBC, the NQ service becomes
more important for CBC listeners below, but of course we don`t count, right
Raúl? The situation could worsen next week (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** COLOMBIA. Someone reported recently that 5910 and 6010 were // and I agree,
Nov 10 at 0622 with a hymn in English, about equal reception and not much QRM
for a change on either. That would be Marfil Estéreo and La Voz de tu
Conciencia, but did not stay with it long enough to find out which station ID
would be used (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC not yet running 6180 until 0700, as nothing there when checked at
0617 Nov 10 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. Almost a fortnight into B-06, R. Martí still hasn`t updated
their SW schedule grid from summer,
http://www.martinoticias.com/frequencies.htm
so I attempt to put together info on Greenville and Delano transmissions known
to be for Cuba, tentatively:
00-03   G 11775
00-04   G  7365
03-07   G  7405
04-05   G  9805
07-13   D  5980
10-12   D  6030
11-14   G  5745
12-14   G  7405
13-24   G 11930
14-1930 G 13820
14-20   G 15330
1930-24 D 13820
20-22   G  9565
22-10   G  6030
Dentro-Cuban Jamming Command, please turn them all OFF outside these hours on
each frequency! (Glenn Hauser, Nov 10, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. It`s been a couple weeks since we found the frequently-announced
RRI website http://www.rri-online.com to be missing. Rechecked Nov 9 at 2352,
it still is (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH [non]. Friday Nov 10 tuned in 9730 at 1328 and heard CRI in
English. May have been too late to assess how Shiokaze is doing against it, but
it`s safe to say it`s a total loss both here and in Asia. It should have been
no surprise that CRI was already here, 500 kW southward from Beijing. Who`s
picking Shiokaze`s frequencies? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. Checking 6185 for XEPPM, Nov 10 at 0617, I found a strong
open carrier blocking another station whose language I could not determine. So
one was Vatican, and the other R. Educación, but not sure which. Vatican was in
English on 7250 at same time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. VOA French on 9480 at 0607 Nov 10, so strong it must be Greenville;
yes, and // 5890, with sports scores, then feature on Veterans` Day. Later
found on 7265 too but not synchronized, via Morocco (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/