[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 7

** CHINA. Haven`t looked for Firedrake lately against Sound of Hope, but still
there Dec 7 at 1445 on 9200, fair (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. Dec 7 after 0700 checked out the R. Martí 50-meter situation.
Last night was on 5890 free of jamming, but now heavily jammed. Also heavy
jamming on former frequency 5980, and could not be sure whether RM was also on
there. Still on jammed 6030 as always.

Once again, no show for R. Martí on 11750 at 1502 check Dec 7, unlike 48 hours
earlier.

Contrary to the report from Yímber Gaviria, R. Martí is not on 7405 now
continuously from 12 to 22 UT: Dec 7 at 1903 check, all I heard was an Army
MARS net around 7404 in SSB, so 7405 is obviously not available all day to OCB,
even tho in winter it might work well to the target from Greenville (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. ANU Le Buzz, 19160, back in business Dec 7 at 1458, atop traces of
voice modulation, reading 5 over S9 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. XEYU, 9599.4, Dec 7 at 1430 in Spanish talk, usual het from
something on 9600.0; Chinese 9605 was also already on but not such a problem as
the day before. Listened across hourtop for ID, but discussion of Huajaca (¿why
do they spell it Oaxaca?) continued. Modulation was best yet and het went off
at 1501; signal 15 over S9, but still not easy copy. Hope they keep testing
after today (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA [and non]. 15120, lo-fi audio in English, fair signal at 0647 UT Dec
7. Must be VON, but too late to stay with it and try to understand it. Unusual
propagation on 19m, with ChAf also in on 15255, good signal, and no sign of
Australia on 15160, 15240, 15515. This is why we no longer hear VON on 7255 at
this hour (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Re tone tests on 1610, 1020: I have now heard from the BAE
Systems person listed on the 2005 FCC application. This did expire in October
of last year after a renewal, as their tests were not completed due to FCC
objexions, and he was not aware of the recent tests, which must have been
undertaken by some other party on behalf of the US military, or by the military
itself. The experimental callsign on record for BAE was WB4XAE, which he says
he would have been sure to run on the hour if he were doing it. I asked him,
Could this call sign have applied to last week`s tests, altho apparently
without your knowledge? (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, The answer to your question is no. The call sign has expired and no
tests, repeat, no tests were conducted under the authority of that STA. Any
authorization given to the current testing could be granted through a different
authority but BAE Systems currently has no license or approval for testing at
this time. We went to great lengths and expense to insure the legality of any
testing and if someone else decides to "fire up" with their own agenda, that's
their business. Unfortunately, there are numerous agencies and contractors in
the Washington, DC area who are anxious to meet deadlines and be paid
accordingly. It's sort of like running a red light, maybe you'll get caught,
maybe you won't. Regards, (Rick Young, BAE SYSTEMS to gh, via DX LISTENING
DIGEST) Thus involvement of FCC Enforcement (gh, DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. 6100 was reported as R. República at 03-04 with jamming, but:

I hope someone else was monitoring 6100 at 0300 Dec 7; if not, please hurry up
and do so. At 0256 I could barely detect some Cuban jamming on frequency and
nothing else; at 0259 the jamming started to build up rapidly, and at 0300 some
station came on, but it certainly wasn`t Radio República. Aside from the
jamming, its audio was very distorted, and I couldn`t be sure of the language,
but unseemed Spanish or English, as M&W were talking for a few minutes. At 0304
thought I heard ``traffic report`` and into rock music. Maybe it is a pirate,
or something relayed by mistake, but why would Cuba jam it? Maybe on a previous
occasion some exile broadcaster such as RR did show up here (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

See upcoming DXLD 6-181 for further discussion of this; apparently in British
English relaying some domestic service (gh, DXLD)

UNIDENTIFIED. Strong open carrier with intermittent tone tests on 15390, Dec 7
at 1453-1501* presumably Greenville testing; but why? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: