From: "bjorn fransson" <bjornfransson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <hard-core-DX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:21 PM
Subject: [HCDX] 5050 kHz

Hi all,
Can you please help me to find out what I am hearing on 5050 kHz every day
15.00-16.30 UTC? There is one strong Chinese and sometimes possibly another
Chinese, but after 1500 hours and time signal pips, seemingly one of them
signs off and/or starts playing nonstop music, soft pop of ballad type
always in English and only very seldom very wellknown melodies. It goes on
for an hour and continues after time signal "pips" at 16 hours with the same
style of nonstop played music and no announcements or identifications. After
16 hours there are lots of QRM from "pulses" and RTTY. I think that I heard
Vietnamese from the other "Chinese". Maybe it is the Chinese, playing this
kind of music nonstop, but maybe it is something else. I believe it is too
strong to be Humpty Doo, although I would like to have it there! One day it
was down to 5049.6 and then I thought of that, but the last few days it has
been very close to 5050 kHz.
Any help to solve this is welcomed
Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you all!
Björn Fransson, DX-ing on the island of Gotland, Sweden

> ---[Start Commercial]---------------------
>
> Preorder your WRTH 2007:
> http://www.hard-core-dx.com/redirect2.php?id=wrth2007
>
> THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
> and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science
> License
> published by Michael Stutz at
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html

Preorder your WRTH 2007: